- 30-Aug-2012 to 04-Sep-2013 (EST)
- Ft. Meade, MD, USA
- Full Time
TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Required.
The System Administrator – Senior Level shall direct and implement hardware and software
installations; plan, direct, and implement system upgrades; and plan and direct implementation of
hardware and software patches. The System Administrator – Senior Level shall evaluate software and
security-related problems; propose and direct implementation of solutions to resolve issues; and plan and direct the implementation of system backups and recovery. They shall develop processes and standard operating procedures to maintain system configurations, user accounts, permissions, and data files, directories and folders; manage system health and status to ensure availability, reliability and data integrity; conduct training, maintain documentation, and provide front line customer support for IT related problems; and provide input to the design of systems and mission architecture. The System Administrator – Senior Level shall analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II.
Professional Experience and Education:
The System Administrator – Senior Level shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Sixteen (16) years demonstrated experience in service based, web-based, and non web-based application design and development, to include experience with back end database architectures,relational and cloud based, and full lifecycle software development. A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years experience.
- Eight (8) years combined experience in each of the following:
- system backup/restore procedures,
- system security practices,
- system tuning,
- user administration,
- software and hardware installation and maintenance,
- file management and system troubleshooting,
- operating systems (e.g. Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX) and storage filers (e.g. NetApp, Isolon)
- system accreditation support, and
- system configurations.
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size software development activities.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!